Friday 6 September 2013

Working it

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Lady Gaga
 
 
It really makes me wonder what went on in my younger self's brain.  Most of my jackets reside in my wardrobe in my bedroom while my bigger coats hang in the hallway.  The 1s that hang at the back of the rack get completely forgotten about while the ones at the front get lifted as I fly out the door to work in the morning. I found this trench coat the other day.  I had no idea I had it.  I can't even remember when I bought it, probably about 5/6years ago.  How bad is that??? I wonder what went on in my younger brain because a) I didn't think this would have been my style at all when I was starting Uni and b) did I have a vision of the future trench coat that Burberry would produce & basically bought a copy of it?? Who knows, all I know is I have found a new coat of winter! That I had for 5 years in my house that I haven't worn.  Not something to be proud of.
 
 
Something to be proud of was the sneak peak of the West Coast Cooler Belfast Fashionweek trends shoot that I got to see today.  OMG! I love the red! Looks amazing through the camera, completely pops! I missed the Launch of the Fashionweek at the fab Fitzwilliam Hotel due to work so this was like my own private show.  The models rocked at smokey eye and nude lip by the ever fab Paddy McGourgan and the amazing hair was styled by the team at Andrew Mulvenna hair.  With head honcho Cathy Martin styling, I just know the images are going to turn out amazing.
 
My wee Jayney stuffing her face as usual. Best packet of crisps ever! £1 for a massive packet of bacon fries. It's our go to when we need a dirty snack.
 
The full show schedule and design competition details are all available online at www.belfastfashionweek.com along with details of this season’s trends plus links to all participant retailers and sponsors.  Catwalk tickets, which cost £20 (or £25 for a limited number of exclusive front row seats), are available from the Belfast Welcome Centre on 028 9024 6609 or via the website. Ticket price includes a fabulous goodie bag and a refreshing West Coast Cooler.  


 
PS!!!!
 
I just wanted to share with you that I have been picked as the first finalist in the RSVP magazine and Oasis Ireland Style blogger 2013 competition! They are showcasing blogging talent from the 6th of September to the 6th of October. And I am the first one they have showcased!!! They loved my post on Monday on the Autumn/Winter 2013 trend of the all black outfit! Keep an eye out on my other social media for updates on this! The final is in October, loads of time to freak out about an outfit.
 





4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower but you definitely deserve to win that award! Thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts! Well done you! Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you Jen! I really appreciate that! xx

      Delete
  2. It’s a classic great for me to go to this blog site, it offers helpful suggestions bubblegumcasting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking web site. Assume you did a whole lot of your very own coding.
    baggy linen dungarees uk

    ReplyDelete