Monday 29 April 2013

Where everybody knows your name


When I've had hard times in my life, the one thing about being in TV is that it's positive. I withdrew to 'Cheers,' it was familiar in that it was family. It had a kind of realistic positiveness to it." Bruno Heller
 
Belfast, a city yet, you can't walk down the street without bumping into some one that you know. This is perfectly highlighted by my hairdressers. Michele internationals, located right in Belfast's city centre beside New look, these lovely ladies have been doing my hair for the last 4 years when I was first introduced to them when I was doing Miss Northern Ireland.

Smile Shaunise!!!
 
A hit with everybody that I know in Belfast from models, tv personalities, beauty queens, regular joes to even the males coming in to get their highlights done! Now when you know your hairdressers so well, you just know when you are going to get shouted at. I haven't had my colour done in 10weeks and my last hair cut was probably October last year. Oops. I even tweeted my colourist, the little sex pixie that is Shaunise to say not to shout at me for roots that were down to my ears. This is not a place to come to if you don't want anyone you to see you with foils & bleach in your hair. This is a place where you come have a gossip & a laugh over a cup of tea and get pampered at the same time.

They do just about everything, colour, cut, hair extensions to being able to get you nails and eyebrows threaded. You name it, this is the place to go if you want to look good or even my case slightly decent again. Denise, the head honcho at Michele International & I don't think there is a person in Belfast, let alone Northern Ireland who doesn't know her sidekick Chantel, have done my hair at loads of events and catwalks to day to day styles & I have loved it every time. The wand & lick is a favourite of theirs!!!

My Thursday evening consisted of having a 20minute chat up when I first walked in with Shaunise over an apple were she told me that it took H&M 3months to send her a dress!! No joke! It was then like oh yeah, here to get my hair done. Upstairs to biscuits & tea & magazines for a full head to make me brighter & lighter for the summer! No more roots for me! I think all girls are the same, with the seasons changing you start to get itchy feet & you want to change something about yourself. For me, I'm thinking a hair cut. Since this time last year, I have been growing out my fringe so all I have been getting is trims but today oh no! Hair cut & new style! It prob wont last long to be honest, I'm too lazy to have a hairstyle that needs work. My hairdressers of course know this so they roll their eyes when I show them the images of Mary Kate & Ashley Olsens hairstyle. Think messy layers, beach waves, boom!

 
 
And da taaaaaaaa! Here are my new locks, love it! Thus begun the weekend of selfies! Thanks for all at Michele International for not telling me off too badly! I promise I will grace you with my presence all lot sooner next time :)








 
For more information on Michele International, check out their Facebook, here: Michele International Facebook

Or call them on: 02890243231


 


No comments:

Post a Comment