Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sick & not in the cool way


“Being sick feels like you're wearing someone else's glasses”  Megan Boyle

 
 

I am sick.  Not in the cool way that kids now a days say that they are hip & down with it.  I am generally sick.  There is a box of tissues beside me as I type this & a pile of used tissues in the bin already. ( And also beside my bed at home which I promise I will put in the bin before I collapse into bed.)  I am never sick.  I would say my immune system is one of the only things going for me but on this occasion it has failed.  My tissues are making me smile though as they have glitter on them.  You don't have to admit it to me but everyone does it but you know when you blow you nose & then you look at it?? Well I did that and I thought I was blowing out glitter but no, its just my fancy tissues.
 
 
I don't know how the big bloggers do it?? I mean they must get sick. But do they still upload 50 photos a day? I had to drag myself out of bed today and didn't think at all what I was putting on.  I literally grabbed the cosiest thing I owe that was clean and took a photo. (No make up as you can clearly see)  It also doesn't help that my eyes are very puffy today as well as my housemates and I went to see Safe Haven.  A good old romantic movie on a Tuesday night is a must when you feel this crap.  I even broke out my teddy bear that I used to sleep with every night when I was a kid because I needed that extra loving.  It is times like these that you really miss your mum to take care of you.  I have lived in my own place in Belfast since I was 18.  I think I only waited to the next day after my final A-level and then it was ok, mum I am away to stay in the flat in Belfast for a night out and I just never came back.
 
 
 
Here is a lovely sneak peek of the Ikea press shoots from yesterday! Casual lounging in a Pax wardrobe in Ikea wearing a gorgeous formal dress. (Def should have put tan on, I will just blame it on the sickness.)

7 comments:

  1. well for being sick you sure can pull off an adorable outfit! hope you feel better soon lovely :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The snotty nose has gone! Yeah!! Xx

      Delete
  2. glitter sneezes, such a princess!
    the ikea photo is amazing too - i love that!
    feel better soon

    http://v-is-for-visual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I know! For a second, I was like omg!! But no, it was just the tissue lol xx

      Delete
  3. Love her sweater. :)

    I also like this blog. Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous in the yellow dress!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sindy! Really put me in the mood to go to a formal tho! Xx

      Delete